Our history

History of South Woodham Evangelical Church

The church was originally established in 1931 during a period of development in the area that not only saw the building of many new houses and a school but also the Smallholder’s Hall, (now known as the Village Hall). From its early beginnings as the Assembly Mission Hall the church forged strong links with the F.E.B.V, (‘Fellowship for Evangelising Britain’s Villages’, now ‘Village Hope’), giving South Woodham access to a full time worker. The giving of the new name, The South Woodham Evangelical Church, in the 1960’s and the construction of the new building in 1980 were key steps in the development of the church we know today. Recently the Church has taken new and exciting steps forward following the completion of our extension which has provided extra facilities for church activities.

Contact Info

South Woodham Evangelical Church
85 Hullbridge Road
South Woodham Ferrers
Essex CM3 5LJ
Tel: 07375936840

Recent Sermons